Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Tips N Tricks Tuesday (#4) - Defeating Dukino's Mom (Borderlands 2)

I'm coming to realize that Borderlands 2 is the game I've probably got the most tips about. Kinda weird, but then again, maybe not. I don't like FPSs, so gaming the system is a bit of a hobby now, I suppose. lol


**Defeating Dukino's Mom "Trick"**

I'm terrible at FPSs. Seriously bad. I don't know how to get out of the way and my aim is really, really bad. To that end, I look for corners where I can shoot things but they can't shoot me.

The idea that these places exist was put in my head by my brother and my husband. They read somewhere about a spot they refer to as Glitch Rock in the side mission where you take on Terramorphous. I don't know if they came up with the moniker or if the original poster did, but that's what we call it. It's a spot you can stand and shoot Terramorphous and he can't touch you. So now I look for a similar spot in every boss fight I'm in, even little bosses like Dukino's Mom.

In the video below I die once. Yeah, I can't seem to fight this one without dying at least once. How many times have I fought this boss, you ask? Um... I've lost count. Yeah, I play this game a lot. A lot a lot.


At 4:19 you'll see where I go to avoid being hit by most of the giant skag's attacks. This is my Glitch Rock for this particular boss. Either corner works, but I usually end up on the left, for some reason. And yeah, she manages to damage me a couple of times, but I don't even go into Fight For Life. On the ground, it seems unavoidable.

The way I've always done this includes dying once. I'm not sure if that's how it has to be, or if I'm just too stupid to realize there's a way other than being way over-leveled or modded to the point it's too easy to be fun anymore. If you could send the elevator down without being on it, then you can theoretically land in this spot without having to die first.

I grabbed this vid from the PC edition of this game. You can grab the Steam edition HERE.

*All things Borderlands are © 2K Games/Gearbox Software. These companies do not in any way endorse this fan/gaming/reviews blog.
    Until next time...

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...