Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Tips N Tricks Tuesday (#2) - Leveling Up With Marcus (Borderlands 2)

I've played a lot of Borderlands 2 and learned a lot of things. Some from my hubby and some from my brother. Here's one of the first things hubby taught me. Not sure where he heard about it, or if he figured it out on his own. 


**Leveling Up With Marcus**
Borderlands 2

One of the first things my hubby taught me when playing Borderlands 2 was a leveling trick involving Marcus, the gun seller in Sanctuary.

Please note: This is an M-rated game, and this particular vid is a little gory, since I forgot to turn off the gore... I think...



I started a new character so I could record this video from the start of the very first quest Marcus gives you when you reach Sanctuary. Do as he says for the first two missions. Burn, then electrocute the enemies set up as targets. When he switches you to corrosive weaponry, don't use it. Switch to a different weapon. I prefer explosive Torgue weapons for this, 'cause they really pack a punch. Jakobs would probably work really well too.

The reason this will level you up is the XP you get for actually killing the "Competitor" tied to the target. When you kill it, Marcus just pulls another one out. I've used this trick several times when I'm really close to leveling up and just need to fill those last few bars on my XP gauge. The things tied to the target level up with the game, so the farther you get in the main storyline, the stronger they get too, thus the more XP you get.

The reason I suggest killing off the first two is their lower level and lower XP. The "Competitor" gives you more XP, plain and simple.

I killed enough in the video above just to demonstrate how much it adds to my XP gauge. I was way too far from leveling to take it further without it being an insanely long video.

This will work on any version of the game you play, including the Handsome Collection. The demonstration above is the PC edition.

Got any Borderlands 2 tips or tricks you'd like to share? Please tell us in the comments below! ♥

*I'm not sure where hubby heard about this. Maybe my brother. Maybe they found out from someone else. Maybe one or both of them figured it out on their own. The world may never know...
**All things Borderlands are © 2K Games/Gearbox Software; these companies in no way endorse this gaming/reviews/fan blog.

    Until next time...

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...