Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Tips N Tricks Tuesday (#11) - Avoiding Death (FF Type-0 HD)

I'd forgotten all about this little tip until I was looking through my gaming vidz from my PS4 games. So let's take a brief step away from Borderlands and take a look at a tip for my fellow Final Fantasy Type-0 HD players.


***Avoiding Death***
Final Fantasy Type-0 HD


There is a trophy / achievement in Final Fantasy Type-0 HD called Above the Law. I couldn't, for the life of me, figure out HOW to actually get that trophy. I had to look it up. 

I can't remember exactly which site finally told me what to do. It might have been that lovely site that lists all the possible trophies for a game (crap, should have bookmarked it), or it might have been IGN. I use IGN a lot. A lot a lot. Like... all the time. Love that site!

Anyway, one of those lovely sites told me what to do and after a few tries, I finally nailed it. Check out the success video below. ▼


As you can see, it's all a matter of dodging the death-dealing light rays. If you dodge out of its way, it can't kill you. But it tries three times, so keep dodging until no more light appears. Some characters dodge better than others, so I wouldn't attempt this with Jack or Trey, for example. Two of the slowest dodgers in the whole damn game. Drives me freakin' crazy!

I actually have a video where I failed a similar SO and died. I was using Rem at the time and I think she was just a touch too slow, or maybe the timing was off... not sure what really went wrong, but I missed and she died. That's when I switched to King and...well, you can see what happened there.

Oh, what the hell. Here's the video where Rem dies. It's kinda... sad. Let's call this vid Extreme Punishment for Failing a Class Assignment.


This is from the console edition, but this game can also be found on Steam.

Got any good FF Type-0 tips you'd like to share? Let us know in the comment section below. Thanx for stopping by! ♥

*Screens and vidz taken by LowliGiggre (aka Jaimey Grant; aka Laura Miller; aka The HGG) using the PlayStation 4 console. All things Final Fantasy are © Square Enix who in no way endorses this gaming / fan / reviews blog.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...