Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Tips N Tricks Tuesday (#16) - Stomping Warlord Nix (Battleborn)

The blog series in which I share some gaming tidbit that may or may not help you in your quest to be a better gamer...


***Stomping Warlord Nix***
Battleborn


Warlord Nix is a mini boss you take on in the second chapter (mission, or whatever they call it) in Battleborn. I play solo, so I need to find ways to defeat bosses without dying. 

I still die. 

A lot. 

In most of the games I play. 

That said, here's what I did recently to defeat Nix without dying, or even taking much damage. ▼


This may have been a fluke. I stood back, thinking he'd advance into the room like he did in the open beta—see my open beta vid HERE. He did not. He stayed just outside the doorway. I even tried to lure him in (not part of the video) but he didn't take the bait. So I got back on my perch and shot him from relative safety.

As you can see, he hits me a few times, but never even enough to take out my shields. (Oh, I'm Oscar Mike, by the way. This definitely won't work with a melee character.) I was surprised to realize that my nukes and grenades actually hit him. That saved me some time since my gun wasn't really whittling him down very quickly. (Oh, it's nice if you select the napalm option when upgrading your nades. Nix just stands in it. Like an idiot.)

I did this again, and again, he did not advance into the room. He stays out in the open where Wolf waits to be powered up. Not sure why, but if you're using a ranged character, take advantage of this quirk.

I did this with the PC edition. I imagine it works on all platforms, but don't quote me on that.

Got any tips for Battleborn players (other than DON'T PLAY, lol)? Please tell us in the comments below! ♥

*Battleborn belongs to 2K Games and Gearbox Software. These companies do not in any way endorse this blog.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...