Tuesday, June 7, 2016

New Loot! (#30)

I haven't gotten new loot lately, but hubby just bought some shiny new things for my PC. Computer guts! Woo-hoo!! ♥


***New Loot! (#30)***
I have a pretty decent gaming PC (it's actually my EVERYTHING computer, but I game on it too), but hubby decided to upgrade the graphics card again. I'm not complaining. He got me a gaming card that withstands my games so much BETTER. Holy frell, you have no idea. I may have to start reviewing hardware on this blog.

OK, I admit it. He bought it for himself. LOL He plays Skyrim and Fallout 4 on my PC, so he kinda needed the upgrade. But then he went and bought all the parts he needed to build his own gaming PC, including the items I've listed below, so now it's all mine. :D

First thing he bought was the graphics card. It's an AMD R9 380 GAMING 4G card. This badboy is insane. Two HUGE fans. It's so big we had to remove the wireless card just so this thing will fit. Not a big deal, since my wireless card quit working a while ago. :P

I posted a pic on Facebook of my new card sitting next to my old 4G card. You can check it out for yourself by clicking HERE.

How pretty is this thing? I mean, damn. It's even black and red. It's like it was made for me. ;)

My computer's fairly old, so my old power supply couldn't handle my new graphics card. So hubby got a new power supply too. He got a Sentey 725W Xplus Power Supply. I don't really know what else to say about it. It's a power supply. LOL

He got everything hooked up and working. Took a bit to get through all the initial setup for the new card, as usual. (Stupid Windows with its tendency to freak the frell out over every tiny thing. grumble, grumble) But we got through it. Then he tried out Fallout 4 and Skyrim. DEFINITE improvement. Wow. Then he made me (HA! Made me, lol!) play a few of my games and really test the graphics. Tomb Raider (2013) was the most noticeably improved. Holy crap. Funny how quickly you get used to some lag in a video game. Once it's gone, it's shocking. In a good way.

Enough about that. If I keep going, this will turn into a review instead of a simple "Look at my loot!" post. So I'll leave it at that.

The images here link to Amazon, in case you want to check out specs, reviews, etc. 
    Until next time...

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...