Tuesday, December 1, 2015

New Loot! (#18)

Another gift from hubby and a wishlist splurge too...



***Final Fantasy Type-0 HD***
Collector's Edition

Published by Square Enix
Developed by Square Enix
Released 2015
*Rated M for Mature 17+*

I told hubby I wanted this and he went over to eBay and grabbed it for me. This is a bit of a different thing from the regular FF games in that it's rated M. There's blood, and some hinky scenes where you're not entirely sure nothing bad is happening. All a bit strange for a FF game, but I'm rolling with it.

The collector's edition is pretty cool. There's an artbook, a manga comic that gives a little lead-in to the game storyline (or so I'm given to understand; I haven't read it yet), a disc of music from the game, and Ace's cards, as well as the game in a golden steelbook case (the soundtrack disc goes in this case too).

But the best part, in my opinion, is the FFXV Episode Duscae download code that came with it. When I pulled that out, I saw the expiration date (March 2016) and immediately got it downloaded. This is the playable demo that was released with FF Type-0. They called it a Day One bonus or something like that. I can't remember, but I do remember the hype surrounding it. This is a highly anticipated game. I'm looking forward to the full version, but in the meantime, I'll play the demo.

*This collector's edition is also available for Xbone. If you click the image above, it will take you to Amazon, and you'll see the little link for the Xbone edition.



***Borderlands***
The Handsome Collection


Published by 2K Games
Developed by Gearbox Software
Released 2015 
*Rated M for Mature 17+*

I'm a bit of a Borderlands junkie. Hubby and I each have the Xbox 360 GOTY edition of Borderlands and the standard edition of Borderlands 2. Hubby has the standard edition of Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, plus he bought the season pass for both games. Since I didn't have the pre-sequel, I grabbed the PS4 edition of the Handsome Collection. This also gave me all the DLC for B2, which I never had before. And yes, I'll probably grab the PC versions of all these games eventually. Like I said: JUNKIE.

Unfortunately, since I got the playstation version, hubby and I can't play together unless we play split screen, which we kinda hate. I also can't grab my game saves, so I have to play them again right from the start.

Oh, woe is me. LOL

Until next time... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...