Tuesday, December 29, 2015

New Loot! (#20)

Here're some my latest PC scores. OK, I admit it. I got these a few weeks ago. Seriously, I may have a problem. I broke down and got an account at GOG.com and Steam. I just can't help myself when they offer me cool games for less than $5.



***Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD***

Oddworld Stranger's Wrath HDPublished by EA Games/Oddworld Inhabitants
Developed by Oddworld Inhabitants
Released 2010 
*Rated T for Teen*

This was one of those odd splurges that I can't really explain. I remember playing one of the Oddworld games on my playstation about a billion years ago, and I remember thinking it was a fun game. So this one intrigued me and it was only a couple bucks. I've only played it for a few minutes and the controls are kinda messed up, so I have some tweaking to do before I can really get into it.

When I bought this, I also grabbed The Witcher and The Witcher 2. My disc version of Witcher didn't want to work with my PC (PC's too new or something), so I just grabbed the DRM-free version from GOG for only $1.49, and since it was also on sale, I grabbed Witcher 2 while I was there (only $2.99). For spending more than $5 that day, GOG gave me System Shock 2 for free. Not sure I'll play that one, but I have it. 




    Published by DotEmu
    Developed by DotEmu
    Released 2015 (trilogy)
    *Unrated*

    GOG offered this for $1.49 and Double Dragon II is one of those fond childhood memories for me. Figured the price was right, though I suspect playing it again will distinctly pale in comparison to the memory.

    Sorry, I don't have any images of this one yet. Once I play it, I'll get some screencaps. :) 



    ***DmC Devil May Cry***
    Complete Collection

    Published by Capcom
    Developed by Ninja Theory
    Released 2013
    Action, Hack n Slash
    *Rated M for Mature 17+*

    I'm a Devil May Cry junkie. A bad one. I think I own just about everything to do with DMC now. And I mean everything. I think. I even have every episode of the short-lived* anime show. I am missing some soundtracks, come to think of it. In fact, I don't think I even want the OST for this particular DmC.

    I grabbed all the DLC to go with this too. I mean, when I want a game, I want the FULL game, dammit! lol
      *The life of this show might have been pre-determined, I don't know. It was only 12 episodes, though, so pretty darn short.



      ***Devil May Cry 4***
      Special Edition

      Published by Capcom
      Developed by Capcom
      Released 2015
      Action, Hack n Slash 
      *Rated M for Mature 17+*

      This edition of DMC4 was just released in mid-2015. It has five playable characters instead of the two in the standard edition that came out on Xbox 360 and PS3. The SE was released for PC, PS4 and Xbone. I have a PS4, but grabbed the PC version 'cause, why not? I ♥ my PC. I may eventually grab the PS4 version, but at this point I don't see a reason to.





        ***Devil May Cry 3: Dante's Awakening***
        Special Edition

        Published by Capcom
        Developed by Capcom
        Released 2005 (PC port 2006)
        Action, Hack n Slash
        *Rated M for Mature 17+*

        I have this in my copy of Devil May Cry HD Collection for Xbox 360, but I wanted to play with mods and whatnot, so I grabbed the PC version when Steam offered it at a discount. I installed the one mod I read was completely necessary to make this PC port enjoyable, but I've yet to try it out. There's a possibility I'll hate it. If so, I still have the Devil May Cry HD Collection for my 360, so no real loss. :) 





          ***Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning***


          Published by EA Games/38 Studios
          Developed by Big Huge Games/38 Studios
          Released 2012
          Action RPG 
          *Rated M for Mature 17+*

          I'm not entirely sure why I grabbed this from Steam other than it was on sale. Pretty pathetic, right? Don't get me wrong, I really like this game. I've beaten it on the 360, including all the DLC, so I'm not entirely sure why I wanted it for the PC too. Maybe I'll mod it. There aren't many, if any, mods for this game, at least not any i can find. It needs some. I need to learn to mod, so why not mod a game that needs a few, right? :) 

          Until next time... 

          No comments:

          Post a Comment

          Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...