Friday, August 22, 2014

On the Horizon (#1)

Ever have those games you can hardly wait to own? I'm in that boat just like anyone else, so here's my first post to that effect. 



Assassin's Creed: Rogue & Assassin's Creed: Unity

I'm a reluctant fan of the Assassin's Creed series. I say reluctant because there is just something... distasteful about being a dude (or chick—AC: Liberation) runnin' around stabbing people for looking at ya funny. (I know, there's more to it than that. Still.)

I am a huge fan of the graphics and settings for this series. (I write historical romance, for heaven's sake, so of course I'm in love with well done historical settings!) I hate tailing missions (who doesn't?) and platforming, but they're worth it to be able to climb to the top of a church and take that leap of faith. I can't tell you how much I love that. I used to do that with Lara Croft way back in Tomb Raider (2, I think), and she didn't survive the jump. Couldn't help myself, I made her leap anyway. (Does that mean I'm crazy??)

I digress.

Reasons for my anticipation for these games...

The conspiracy theories. I simply love the conspiracies that the AC developers include in their games. LOVE. THEM. It adds a certain... eeriness to the overall feel of the game. My opinion, and it's a weird one, I know, but I live with a conspiracy nut and I'm a bit of one myself.

There are other games I'm looking forward to, but I'll leave it at that for now.

Happy gaming! ♥ 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...