Monday, August 31, 2015

New Loot! (#8)

More new loot! I'm a spoiled brat, and hubby can't seem to tell me no when I ask for more games. It's a disease, it really is. Is there a gamer's anonymous out there somewhere?

Gears of War is a new, guilty pleasure of mine. I hate military style shooter games. I really enjoy GoW for some reason, and it all started with GoW Judgement. That was free for Xbox Live Gold users a while back and I decided to give it a shot, even though I don't always play the free games. I enjoyed it so much that I played it over and over and was pretty thrilled when GoW 3 went up for free a month or two ago. Then hubby took me shopping and we found the first two games. Figured I should complete the collection.  

The last two games listed below are old loot, but ones I hadn't mentioned getting. Figured since I have the collection now, I should include the two I already had.



***Gears of War***

Published by Microsoft Game Studios
Developed by Epic Games
Released 2006 
*Rated M for Mature 17+*

Found this at the local used game store. It was definitely within my price range ($2.99). It's not the Game of the Year edition, but I'm sure I'll like it just fine anyway. I'm curious about the storyline, though I don't like Marcus (main character) nearly as much as I like Baird (main character in Judgement, side character in the other games). Still, 3 has some humor in the writing, so I figure this game will as well. I look forward to trying it out, though I'm currently neck deep in Tales of Vesperia, and I won't start a new game until I get that one beat—I'm very close to beating it. Final boss and all that...



***Gears of War 2***


Published by Microsoft Game Studios
Developed by Epic Games
Released 2008 
*Rated M for Mature 17+*

Found this at the local used game store. Same as above, only $2.99. Not the Game of the Year, or Special, or Epic, or Platinum, or whatever they call them these days, but I think I'll enjoy it all the same. I don't do online, and I believe most of the DLC associated with these games is online play related, so I'm not missing out on anything. In my opinion, at least.



***Gears of War 3***

Published by Microsoft Game Studios
Developed by Epic Games
Released 2011 
*Rated M for Mature 17+*

This was free for Gold users on Xbox so I grabbed it, having enjoyed Judgement so much. I'm stuck on a stupid boss, but I'll eventually kick the crap outta that and finish the game. I haven't found this one to be quite as funny as Judgement, but it's still got its moments and I like it almost as much. I'll probably start this one over eventually, playing the first two games before finishing this one.

Fun, fun.



***Gears of War: Judgement***


Published by Microsoft Game Studios
Developed by Epic Games
Released 2013 
*Rated M for Mature 17+*

This was free for Gold users and the start of my weird liking for the GoW series. It's a prequel, I guess, to the trilogy. I'll admit, Baird is probably the reason I like this game. He's funny. I like funny in a game. The shoot-'em-up style of gameplay isn't really my forte, but Borderlands 2 got me used to the non-auto-aim style, so it's not really a big deal. The humor of Borderlands was the biggest draw for me and it seems to be the case with this game too.

Until next time... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...